Assistant Operational Buyer (Derby)
£12 - £14 per hour
Ford & Stanley Interim - The Recruitment Experts are seeking an Assistant Operational Buyer to work with a Global Rail Manufacturing Company
To support the Operational Team with problem resolution by working collaboratively with internal stakeholders to ensure all business requirements are passed. The role focuses on negotiating with suppliers, placing orders, cost savings and stakeholder management.
Role & Responsibilities
- To place purchase orders in accordance with MRP requirements or other authorised demand document.
- To place consumable orders to meet the business needs.
- Complete commercial checks of payment terms, delivery terms and contractual terms and conditions to ensure that the supplier and our client’s terms are aligned.
- Rescheduling delivery dates with suppliers and actioning cancellations.
- Electronic archiving and administration
- Expediting material deliveries
- Obtaining Supplier Quotations
- Reconciling purchase order acknowledgements with details on all orders place.
- Ensure purchasing data within the ERP system is kept up to date.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Able to travel independently both nationally and internationally as and when required by the business
- Interpersonal skills
- Ethical Conduct
- Strategic thinking
- Analytical ability
- Procurement Background
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Proficient user of Microsoft Word and Excel
- CIPS qualified or working towards
- Preferred Education and/or Experience in Procurement working background