Assistant Project Manager (Liverpool)
£20,000 - £25,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley- The Rail Recruitment Experts – are recruiting on behalf of a leading telecommunications provider into the transportation industry who are seeking an Assistant Project Manager to support in delivering a £23 million-pound project to design, install and commission a train to track radio communication system. This 2-year project has the capability of revolutionising rail communication systems and requires experienced engineers who can ‘hit the ground running’ to ensure key milestones throughout the project are completed to time, quality and cost.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide cover for the Project Mangers when they are not present in maintaining works progress and information updates to both internal and external interfaces and financial information to the project to the management team.
- Attend client meetings with the PM as required to ensure that the status of the project and agreed actions are reported and progressed.
- Attend site to manage and monitor progress of the field team.
- Make sure proactive risk management is adhered to ensuring periodic review and action with the project team.
- Understand and ensure the clients standards and rules are incorporated in all works undertaken.
- Responsible for supporting the management the project finances
- Responsible for supporting the management timely and accurate financial applications
- Working with the Project Manager produce pre-delivery documentation to enable safe delivery of works.
- Work with the Construction Managers, Site Manager and / or Person in charge to plan works and produce the required documentation.
- Produce / Organise the required site access and briefing documentations including SSOWP, TBS, Isolation notices.
- Ensure that all documents are signed, returned from site and filed to company standards and procedures.
- Work closely with the SSOW planning team and PIC to ensure the safe execution of the works.
- Collate all field document returns ensuring that they are a filed for future audit.
- Collate and record the required data to produce Handback files (H&S files)
- Transmit and record documentation internally and externally using the identified media portals. Ensure a record is maintained of all document transmittals.
Working with the Project Manager will assist in planning and organising the safe delivery of works to required Scope, Cost and Programme. Assist in all aspects of the Project Management and Client and Internal interfaces including and present progress at regular reviews with both management and the customer.
The Project Assistant will be a primary support for executing site access and briefing documentations including SSOWP, TBS, Isolation notices. In addition, confirming the correct documentation and information is submitted by the field team for engineering to provide timely completion of documentation with regards Health and safety files, as built drawings etc.
The project assistant will be the primary source for support to produce progress and status reports for presentation to the Management and the project reviews
- Knowledge of NR planning rules and standards.
- Knowledge of SAP and MS Office software package (excellent Excel)
- Structure own area of responsibility effectively and keep records of all open issues in a very complex working environment
- Secondary school education with relevant qualifications. APM Foundation or greater.
- Vocational training plus minimum 2 years working experience desirable
- £15,000 - £25,000