Assurance Engineer (Coulsdon)
£50,000 - £55,000
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are supporting our client – a leading telecommunications business based in South London to recruit for an organised and process driven Assurance Engineer.
Working with a thriving organisation that pride themselves on delivering innovative solutions and services to their railway customers, our client is seeking an experienced assurance engineer to undertake project, design and handover assurance to meet contractual obligations.
This is a great opportunity to immerse yourself in some of the industry’s biggest leading technology projects to date. Working within a supportive and friendly team, you will be developing relationships cross functionally with the design and project team to ensure the project work remains compliant to legislative industry and business standards.
Surrey, South London
Role and Responsibilities
- Assurance of design documentation as a checker, reviewer or approver.
- Ensuring design documentation / drawings meet the scope of work requirements;
- Carry out reviews of project start-up documentation that support the project throughout its life cycle, ensuring full compliance with current British & European standards codes of practice and railway group standards and procedures;
- Writing, Reviewing and auditing against Project Plans and supporting documentation where required;
- Assure and manage project handover documentation to project completion;
- Complete allocated works in accordance with programme timescales;
- Monitor progress of works, advising the Project Manager at agreed periodicities, and agreeing alterations to programmes of work or working patterns as required;
- Prepare and deliver briefings to staff on technical, procedural and handbook publications, including participation in relevant training as required;
- Supporting of business development with ongoing tenders, providing project plans, reviewing and creating tender response documentation.
You will be an experienced railway engineer with a background in telecommunications working on projects with an understanding of assurance and compliance. As a lot of the work is with LU and Network Rail, previous exposure in working with them before is required to allow you get to grips with the standards and processes from the get-go.
Strong communications both verbally and written will be imperative to this role as you will be cross checking and altering technical documentation including tenders and project plans. You will need to be a confident individual who can confidently liaise with customers and present solutions articulately and eloquently at all times.
- Previous experience of working with London Underground or Network Rail
- Wide range of engineering disciplines, but focus on civil, electrical and communications within a railway environment;
- Experience of producing and reviewing electrical and communication designs, Inspection and Test Plans and scoping documentation for construction activities;
- At least 5 years’ experience in rail projects;
- Computer literate and experienced with Microsoft software;
- Quality & Assurance background nice to have (but not pre-requisite)
- Experience of design co-ordination with other engineering disciplines and 3rd party contractors
29th November 2019
Likely Job Titles
Compliance Engineer, Safety Engineer, Telecommunications Engineer
- £45,000 +