Assurance Engineer (Derby)
£35,000 - £65,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Ford & Stanley- The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting on behalf of a global leader in Rail technology who are seeking a technically minded Assurance Engineer.
Due to the continued expansion of the business and the recent wins of high profile projects, the organisation is expanding at a rapid rate. You will play a crucial part in ensuring Trains gain the necessary authorisation to operate passenger service by utilising your knowledge to identify and demonstrate the required standards.
Our Client is open to candidates of different levels of experience, minimum 2 years- salary is dependent on experience.
Role and Responsibilities
- Review customer technical specifications and legislation to gain understanding of requirements and consequently assist the vehicle engineers in making decisions regarding concept and architecture to ensure requirements are met.
- Generate technical documentation in response to customer ITT’s, lead the resolution of compliance issues during bid negotiations in relation to train design
- Capture and develop customer and regulatory requirements based on tender and contractual documentation, assist the cascade in these requirements with the appropriate verification activities to train systems (in DOORs)
- Work closely with the engineering team to determine verification evidence necessary to gain design conformance
- Plan and estimate timescales and costs associated with delivery, directly manage the scope of work during projects and bids
The ideal candidate will have a willingness to learn about the Rail industry and possess the drive and determination to resolve issues by presenting solutions. You will have an engineering mind set with the skills to communicate to collect the required information from various departments within the business.
- 2+ years experience in Assurance minimum
- Engineering Degree
- Technically minded, expertise in one or more of the following: RM, design verification and authorisation
- System Integration experience
- Experience working in a heavy engineering, high integrity environment such as Aerospace or Intelligent Energy
- Verification and validation understanding
- Problem solver/ logical thinker
- Desire to learn
- DOOR’s experience
- Rail experience
Friday 21st September
Possible Job Titles
Systems Engineer, Senior Systems Engineer, Assurance Engineer, Design Assurance Engineer.
- £45,000 +