Business Analytical Developer (London)
£55,000 - £65,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are looking for a Business Analytical Developer who is able to embed and deliver Power BI as the central business reporting tool for a major UK Rail stakeholder, based in London.
You will have the opportunity to work for a company whose main objective is to lead and facilitate the rail industry’s work to achieve continuous improvement in the health and safety performance.
You will be responsible to provide the technical and analysis expertise necessary to fully gather the requirements for and build a management information platform, with significant self-service capability, largely concerned with financial based data but to also include subsidiary reporting for customer and engagement data from a dynamics 365 platform.
London main office
Key role and Responsibilities
- To establish the full detailed requirements for the range of reporting required.
- Fully document the requirements for the range of reporting required.
- Fully document the technical data build to support the Power BI reporting.
- Fully document the Power BI implementation and associated instruction detail for the end user community.
- Support non-technical users within the business in their use of Power BI.
- Additional adhoc duties.
The successful candidate must have 5 years’ experience of using MS power BI as a reporting development tool. Very comprehensive technical skills in SQL is key.
- Very Comprehensive technical skills in transact SQL. Queries to both retrieve and manipulate data within Microsoft SQL server to present to a power BI layer.
- Knowledge of any MS Navision / Dynamics 365 / Project Online and their data structures highly desirable
- Experience in optimizing data queries to ensure optimal performance of all reporting at all times
- Excellent written and verbal skills both for user presentation and explanation and for technical and requirements documentation.
- Understanding of Financial and Management accounting principles is highly advantageous.
- Excellent experience and knowledge of the mechanisms around delivering Power BI as a self-service platform
- Knowledge and previous experience of financial data reporting
13th December 2018
Likely Job Titles
Data Analyst, BI Analyst
- £45,000 +