Business Change Manager (UK)
£75,000 - £80,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Programme Manager who has delivered complex business changes for a large organisation?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting an experienced Business Change Manager with a background in freight/logistics to be accountable for delivering the cross company ERTMS business change for the next 5 years.
My client is a recognised rail freight operator with depots and sites across the UK. Due to the rollout of the European Rail Traffic Management System project – whose goal serves to make rail transport safer and more competitive; a new opportunity has arisen within the company’s ERTMS team.
This role is pivotal in driving and implementing significant changes across the wider UK business. This is a great opportunity for an individual to make a real difference to a business, utilising their experience and knowledge in delivering an industry recognised project.
To work with the business’ ERTMS Team, the wider business and external stakeholders to enable and deliver the business changes.
To act as a bridge between the overall programme and business operations. Creating a framework to guide the business through the changes required in all functions.
To collaboratively build a structured change management approach ensuring stakeholders are consulted and informed appropriately.
Create and implement change management strategies, plans and programmes for the business that maximise employee adoption and usage and minimise resistance.
Continually monitor and measure the actual outcomes of change against the predicted results and plan and implement any remedial actions necessary in a timely fashion.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in delivering complex business change within a cross-functional UK freight business. You will be a confident communicator who needs little management and can drive forward change, working collaboratively with the wider business to accomplish this.
In addition to this, standout personal attributes include, self-motivation, strong organisational skills and close attention to detail is imperative for the individual to display these from the get go.
Essentials / desirables
- Educated to degree level / Qualification in a vocational or specialist field short of degree level (e.g. HND/HNC)
- Successful management of major and complex change projects at least 5 years demonstrable experience
- Experience of applying project methodologies (i.e. MSP, Agile, Prince2 etc.)
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Knowledge of business change techniques and process modelling
- Understanding the operations of the UK railway industry or a related discipline (i.e. transport / logistics / supply chain etc.)
- Understanding of ERTMS
- Operational, commercial and financial awareness
- Member of a professional body/association
13th October 2020
Likely Job Titles
Programme Manager, Business Transformation Manager, Business Change Project Manager, Business Implementation Manager, Business Change Lead
- £45,000 +