Business Development Director - Railway Infrastructure (Derby)
£85,000 - £92,000 per annum
Another major project win see's railway infrastructure business require a new Business Development Director - Ford & Stanley Executive Search have the pleasure of working in partnership with an emerging and exciting railway infrastructure player on an exclusive, retained assignment.
An opportunity created through project wins and organic growth, the Business Development Director will take on from where the previous BDD left off (Incumbent BDD will be moving onto the new 5-10 year project to ensure the successful delivery of). Managing a team of business development managers the successful candidate will have complete freedom and autonomy over the management and development of the team, in addition, being responsible and accountable for the development of strategy and implementation of, for growing the Rail side of the business, rail being the main business profit centre. Role reporting directly into the MD.
Midlands based. (UK wide role) allowing for remote working, working client side, from home as needed. The is a business need to have the successful candidate in office 2-3 days per week which is midlands based. (certainly more regularly during the early employment phase to familiarise with the business and its people / your teams)
We are looking for a candidate who has a a strong understanding of GSMR and Network Rail framework and operations if you do not have any experience in these areas - this opportunity will not be right for you. You will have a quality bid team at your disposal however some good experience in bids and tenders would also be useful.
Living in the midlands is ideal as the role does have direct reports and as such, being in the HQ couple of times a week is important. Otherwise full flexibility, freedom and autonomy offered.
Be prepared to utilise your connections within the sector, you will be working hard to further expand the businesses rail presence, reputation and pipeline of opportunity. Our client does offer a open mind on new revenue streams and opportunities for as long as its viable and doesn't stray too far away from the core offering of Rail infrastructure technology services and products.
- Rail background / experience (GSMR, NWR ideal)
- Willingness to conduct regular business travel nationwide or internationally as required
- Experience of managing a small team (Managing of regional sales teams desirable)
- Proven development and implementation of a successful business development strategy for a Rail business
- Strong client facing, hands on approach, roll up the sleeves job (This role sadly, does not offer an ivory tower)
- Engineering background / Rail Tech / GSMR / WIFI Enablement
- Experience of working within an SME environment
- Experience of selling both products AND services
24th Aug - Contact Daniel Taylor | Director of F&S Executive Search
Likely Job Titles
Business Development Director, Business Development Manager, Sales Director, Head of Sales, Commercial Director, Director
Good to know
- Strong group ownership backed business
- Inheriting a high performing team with potential for further development
- Ford & Stanley are the retained and exclusive recruitment partner on the assignment and will be managing the full vacancy life-cycle on the clients behalf, including that of any direct applicants.
- Choice of Car or Car Allowance
- Benefits Plan
- Flexible working
- £45,000 +