Business Development Manager (Bristol)
£50,000 - £60,000
Are you hungry, driven and an enthusiastic individual interested in joining a business that are established experts in operating within the UK and international civil and defence aerospace industries?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Specialists are currently working with a business who have a proven track record in aerospace development, production & aftermarket spares.
You will have the opportunity to take ownership and successfully nurture and develop strong relationships, while opening the doors to high profile companies within the same industry. This role will involve defining long-term organisational strategic goals, building new customer relationships, identifying opportunities, negotiating and closing business deals.
You must come from an engineering background such as, Defence, Aerospace or Aviation.
- Promote the company name / reputation with prospective clients.
- Monitor competitive tender opportunities and ensure that the company is included on the lists of companies to receive invitations to tender.
- Network, open the doors to high profile companies within the same industries.
- Compile and present background information to support Bid/No Bid decisions.
- Prepare and update marketing and sales plans, including reports on new markets, products and areas of operation.
- Attendance at relevant sector events (exhibitions and conferences) to establish new contacts and sales opportunities.
- Technical knowledge
- Engineering background (Aerospace, Aviation, Defence)
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills
- Previous business development/sales experience
- Holds a clean and current driving licence
- A confident individual who is not afraid to pitch the company to current / potential clients.
- A real hunter – someone who has a proactive approach to go out and look for new opportunities within the market.
- Must be adaptable – able to travel frequently around the UK & globally.
- Behaviours – A natural communicator who enjoys socialising and sharing ideas.
Possible Job Titles
Account Manager, Sales Manager, Business Development Executive, Sales Executive
12th August 2019
- £45,000 +