Business Development Manager (Cheltenham)
£55,000 - £60,000 per annum
Are you hungry, driven and enthusiastic individual interested in joining a business that provide a range of technical solutions around the world?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Specialists are currently working with a business who are at the forefront of providing training solutions to train the next generation of engineers.
The current business development manager has successfully nurtured and developed strong relationships but has decided to retire. This will be an opportunity for you to not only develop current accounts within the business but also target new opportunities.
This role will involve defining long-term organisational strategic goals, building new customer relationships, identifying opportunities, negotiating and closing business deals.
You must come from an engineering background such as, Defence, Aerospace, Aviation or Rail.
- Promote the company name / reputation with prospective clients.
- Monitor competitive tender opportunities and ensure that the company is included on the lists of companies to receive invitations to tender.
- Compile and present background information to support Bid/No Bid decisions.
- Prepare and update marketing and sales plans, including reports on new markets, products and areas of operation.
- Attendance at relevant sector events (exhibitions and conferences) to establish new contacts and sales opportunities.
- Technical knowledge
- Engineering background (Rail, Aerospace, Aviation, Defence)
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills
- Previous business development/sales experience
- Holds a clean and current driving licence
- A confident individual who is not afraid to pitch the company to current / potential clients.
- A real hunter – someone who has a proactive approach to go out and look for new opportunities within the market.
- Must be adaptable – able to travel frequently around the UK & globally.
- Behaviours – A natural communicator who enjoys socialising and sharing ideas.
Possible Job Titles
Account Manager, Sales Manager, Business Development Executive, Sales Executive
- £45,000 +