Business Development Manager - Digital Services
£50,000 - £75,000 per annum plus 12.5% bonus and potential car allowance
Business Development Manager – Digital Services.
Are you interested in joining a business where your job will be to bring their ideas to life?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Specialists are currently working with a business who are at the forefront of the innovation with the rail industry.
The UK currently offers a significant opportunity for our client to establish itself as the sector player in the digital services and data analytics space. They have currently pioneered 2 products which are aimed to cross through the UK rail market. They have currently have significant market interest with these products due to our clients leading position with the Rail market.
The ideal candidate will be able to strategically develop a product roadmap to introduce the digital services portfolio into the UK market.
This role is perfect for a strong business development professional with a proven track record in developing tangible business growth in the digitisation arena. It is likely the successful candidate will have a solid network built through sales / business development / domain expertise.
- Lead the digital services portfolio for the UK market into Mainline and Urban transport organisations, actively developing digital services opportunities for the installed base, new train orders and 3rd party opportunities.
- Strategically develop the product roadmap to introduce the digital services portfolio into the UK market, both internal depot structure and identify other strategic sales accounts.
- Research and provide voice of customer to HQ Digital Services product management proposing new value propositions, product enhancements and design proposals.
- Research and provide market and competition intelligence to inform and develop the market understanding.
- Work alongside the bidding team to provide input and expertise for bids for new trains, and standalone digital service opportunities.
- Develop account management plans for each of the Digital Services accounts, including support agreements, new business model definition and implementation.
- Work closely with the Business Systems team to develop the in service feedback loop.
- Seek other digital service portfolio opportunities, developing the value proposition with e.g. AVI, Connectivity, AI and robotics.
- Develop, maintain and communicate a clear unique value proposition for each element of the product portfolio from the perspective of the passenger, operator and financier.
- Is qualified to degree level or equivalent.
- Has a good knowledge of digital and cloud-based solutions.
- A sound understanding of the Internet of things (IOT).
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
- Has a proven track record in developing tangible business growth.
- Has a collaborative mindset with high levels of ownership.
- A passion for innovation.
- Experience of working within the rail market.
Possible Job Titles:
Digital Business Development Manager, Technical Account Manager, Commercial Manager
Submission End Date
Monday 3rd September 2018.
- £45,000 +