Business Development Manager - Infrastructure (National role)
£40,000 - £53,000 per annum plus car allowance
Are you an exceptional Business Development Manager looking for an opportunity to establish yourself within a leading infrastructure business?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting for a Business Development Manager who will be responsible for identifying and winning profitable business in line with agreed budgets within a defined sector.
This is an opportunity to join a prestigious civil engineering business who are known as one of the largest and most successful contractors in the UK.
You will be responsible for identifying commercial opportunities that meet the businesses strategic goals in terms of projects, size, risk, complexity, timing and strategic fit. Develop and strengthen exiting relationships with key accounts, maintain and increase business.
National role with the occasional travel to Nottinghamshire (ideally you would live within a commutable distance to here).
Role and Responsibilities
- Proven record of locating and developing new clients.
- Commercial awareness with an understanding of the issues influencing clients’ business and the markets in which they operate.
- Knowledge of key issues and the positions of key players in relevant sectors.
- Meet agreed sales targets
- Strong experience within the market and contract selling.
- Identify and exploit opportunities for new business in defined market sector.
- Identify new services to meet customer demands.
- Develop long term relationships and frameworks with some key clients.
- Liaise with the operations team in the co-ordination of contract bids including the invitation to tender, specification development and pricing.
- Maintain Client, project and contract information on the CRM system.
- Monitor competitor activity, in defined market sectors.
- Support the Operations team to negotiate contract renewals, extensions and price increases.
- Support the Estimator & Divisional Director during Tender phase.
- Negotiate contracts with the client
The successful candidate must have the ability to prioritise workload and focus on larger profitable clients and contracts. Maintain the highest standers of presentations and customer support. It is key that you have excellent working knowledge of IT systems particularly MS Office Packages.
- Excellent record of relevant sales success in B2B services.
- Good interpersonal skills and an excellent communicator verbally & written.
- Team player
- Excellent presentation skills, quick to deliver, enthusiastic, driven and energetic.
- Networker – establishes key clients in the market.
- Detail conscious, smart, charismatic, numerate and well qualified person.
- Ambitious, committed and motivated self-starter.
- Extensive Client facing time across the entire territory.
- Confident, self-assured, outgoing Regional Sales Manager.
Ideally degree qualified.
21st September 2018
- £45,000 +