£25,000 - £31,000 per annum
Can you achieve strong purchasing objectives, whilst building a great relationship with suppliers?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting for an experienced Buyer to work for a well-established supplier for track maintenance.
You will be responsible for providing purchasing & stock management activities to support the companies internal & external customers. You will play a key part in ensuring stock is available for the efficient running of their / the client’s vehicles whilst achieving cost reduction initiatives and supporting the warehouse in meeting customer demands.
The successful candidate must be able to understand technical drawings or any other relevant technical documents.
- Working within the procurement team to carry out planning and purchasing tasks and supporting the warehouse team members.
- Be a strong team player with ability to work effectively on cross-functional project teams.
- Participate in supplier quality activities such as corrective action completion.
- Utilise supply contracts within the business to take advantage of contracted pricing and agreed lead time.
- You will assist in qualifying suppliers through Supplier Quality audits and continuously review supplier performance.
- Coordinate with the Warehousing, Commercial and Engineering departments on product supply issues and improvements.
- Review purchase request for material via MRP, manual purchase requisitions or supporting material requests.
- Monitor purchase orders to maintain delivery schedules ensuring on time delivery in full.
- Provide regular feedback on supply issues to stake holders.
- Expediting critical components and overdue purchase orders.
- Must be able to develop excellent working relationship with both internal and external customers as well as suppliers.
- Manage the Purchase Price Variance monthly & work with the strategic buyer to achieve better pricing.
- Review, analyse and interpret various reports.
- Evaluate and review safety stocks to maximise our stock profile.
- Purchasing experience in rail or engineering environment
- Technical purchasing and out-sourcing skills
- Purchasing experience in an MRP environment
- Ability to read drawings and other relevant technical documents
- Excellent negotiations, presentations, verbal and written communication skills.
9th March 2020
Likely job title
Junior Buyer, Assistant Buyer, Procurement Assistant, Purchasing Specialist
- £25,000 - £35,000