Buyer (Long Marston)
£20 - £25 per hour (negotiable)
Experienced manufacturing buyer needed for a 6 month contract with an innovative Rolling Stock business who are working to create a new class of trains that will service both the UK and US commuter markets.
Permanent applicants will also be considered.
You will have the opportunity to become a fundamental player in the team, as this position focuses on ensuring full compliance within the purchasing and Supply Chain function. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the Robust development and delivery of Purchase and Supply Chain tactical activities to meet strategic, operational and financial performance requirements as well as delivering high levels of internal and external customer satisfaction.
Role and Responsibilities
- To monitor and where necessary react to appropriate Purchasing & Supply Chain strategic plan and ensuing tactical ‘day-to-day’ deployment plan which will meet the financial, strategic and performance requirements of the business
- To deliver the Purchasing & Supply Chain tactical delivery plan in a robust and profitable manner fully integrating actions and delivery with the respective sales & marketing and Production Operations plans and requirements
- To assist in supplier rationalisation and proactive material bundling / portfolio contract implementation for improved service and landed / total cost reduction
- To negotiate orders, contracts, frame agreements and supporting SLA’s in support and alignment of the business requirements, P&SC strategy and customer defined needs
- To assist in development and implementation of the appropriate systems, processes, procedures and tools necessary to assist in development and maintenance of an appropriate KPI system to be used to effectively to assess ongoing team, process and operational functions
- To assist in the management and development, implementation and maintenance of a detailed database focussed on supply market place awareness and information capture.
The successful candidate must have experience working in the Rail industry with proven procurement capabilities and skills. You will be comfortable negotiation and reviewing contracts and have working in an engineering or manufacturing environment
- Proven procurement capabilities & skills
- Excellent ability to prioritise workload in a fast-paced environment to meet high internal customer expectations
- Experience in the Rail industry covering both new build & MRO sectors in the area of materials supply and supply chain solutions
- Strong data analytical / interpretation abilities and planning experience
- Experience in using SRM and other associated business processes & systems
- Experience in using MRP/ERP solutions
- Effective communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills – team & collaboration focused
- Enthusiastic, displays good initiative & highly results driven
Additional automotive or aerospace experience
- Long Marston