£11 - £15 per hour
Ford & Stanley - The Digital Rail Specialists are looking to recruit a Buyer for their client based in Eastwood, Nottingham. The role will allow the successful candidate to work on projects manufacturing and supplying on track machinery that will have a real impact on commuters across the UK's public transportation sector.
This position is primarily to provide purchasing and stock management activities to support our clients internal and external customers. Key to this role is participating in cross-functional teams, ensuring stock is available for the efficient running of our vehicles and those of our customers whilst, achieving cost reduction initiatives, ensuring on time delivery in full and supporting the warehouse function in meeting customer demands.
- Working within the procurement team to carry out planning and purchasing tasks and supporting the warehouse team members.
- Participate in supplier quality activities such as corrective action completion.
- Utilise supply contracts within the business to take advantage of contracted pricing and agreed lead time.
- You will assist in qualifying suppliers through Supplier Quality audits and continuously review supplier performance.
- Coordinate with the Warehousing, Commercial and Engineering departments on product supply issues and improvements.
- Must be capable of handling multiple tasks at one time.
- Review purchase request for material via MRP, manual purchase requisitions or supporting material requests.
- Input purchase order data & maintain BAAN data integrity.
- Monitor purchase orders to maintain delivery schedules ensuring on time delivery in full.
- Provide regular feedback on supply issues to stake holders.
- Expediting critical components and overdue purchase orders.
- Resolve supplier problems associated with over shipments, invoicing issues, obsolescence, rework and scrap material, and work closely with the Quality Manager to resolve supplier quality issues
- Must be able to develop excellent working relationship with both internal and external customers as well as suppliers.
- Manage the Purchase Price Variance monthly & work with the strategic buyer to achieve better pricing.