CAD Support Analyst (Nottingham)
£150 - £200 per day
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are seeking a CAD Support Analyst to support a well-established rail engineering company.
You will play a key in upgrading CAD applications such as CREO and NX as well as supporting the upgrade of Windows 7 to Windows 10 across the companies 3 UK sites. This is an initial 6-month contract with the opportunity for extension.
Role and Responsibilities
- Carry out day to day CAD application support
- Upgrade the CAD application PTC Creo 17 to PTC Creo 20
- Support the business upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for key CAD packages for Creo and NX12
- Rationalise the Creo Macro's and menus including reviewing for start up.
- Back up Macro library ensuring bug free prior to going live on the system.
- Look at BIM and ERP implications of NX12 move - possibly with Teamcentre
- Model storage / cleanse of directories
- Handling rules for part families etc
- Prepare and set out in new User CAD manual.
- Document workflow
- Document system interfaces
- Manage drawing border libraries - updates to templates, plotter interfaces, pen configurations and folder access rights etc. * Interact with Engineering and IT Departments
Our Client is seeking an individual who has experience writing Macro’s in Visual Basics. You will come from an IT background with previous CAD knowledge
- Experience writing Macro’s using VBA (Visual Basic)
- CAD Application troubleshooting
- Windows experience
- Previous experience upgrading/using Creo or NX