Category Manager - Mechanical Systems (Derby)
Category Manager - Mechanical Systems
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Category Manager to work with one of the most influential companies within the rail industry based in Derby, who are going through positive change and growth.
As a growing organisation the company are going through a major restructure of their procurement strategy and are moving towards a model of category managers, who will be involved in developing relationships with not just the manufacturers but also suppliers.
The goal is to find the best suppliers in the market and what they can offer, as well as controlling the cost by saving the organisation a target of £300K for 2019.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work for a prestigious high value client in the rail industry, developing those strong relationships with many of the suppliers and being creative in the solutions they can deliver.
This role will be engaging, purposeful and influential.
- Reporting to the Head of Procurement and be accountable for development and implementation of the category strategy for mechanical systems.
- Expand into new system level suppliers
- Get the suppliers delivering better value to the company from cost, quality, reliability and innovation perspective.
- Ensuring best value for money.
The ideal person must have the drive and energy to become an integral part of the team. You will need to be proactive in developing healthy relationships with suppliers but be direct and frank in your communication. As the category manager you will be pushed into getting everything done so you must be organised and work via clear objectives which you successfully deliver upon.
- 5 years minimum working experience and at least 3 years procurement experience.
- Engineering mindset.
- A deep technical knowledge of mechanical systems.
Likely job titles
Purchasing Manager, Procurement Manager, Commodity Buyer, Senior Buyer, Category Buyer.