CCNP Network Engineer (Birmingham)
£55,000 per annum
Are you an IT Network Engineer/Analyst who is meticulous, has an aptitude for project management? Our client has several Committed Obligations to adhere to which revolve around the implementation of new DCI screens in 40 train stations across the West Midlands.
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Specialists are looking for someone methodical, organised and responsible due to the nature of the work required, along with technical expertise, you will need to have worked in a high-pressure environment and have no issue with being under the cosh from the off!
The successful candidate will work with the IT team to provide support upgrades to WAN and MPLS/SD Wan for the new screens to be installed and integrated on the platforms. Each project/station will vary in terms of access and requirements therefore you will need to be able to adapt to changing situations. You will mostly be based on site or in our clients’ head office to manage the connection to the Network, ensure its working, and troubleshoot any problems as they arise with each situation/screen/switch install.
- A technical network mind-set and the desire to work in a fast pace environment that proactively seeks out solutions in line with BAU IT protocols
- A sense of responsibility and ownership in driving IT Network best practices development
- Excellent time-management skills; the ability to balance additional issues and problems as they arise against a set delivery plan and organise themselves across a 7-day working
- An openness to work collaboratively and to contribute to the delivery of a major project
- Sharp and rigorous attention to detail
- A tenacious, committed and results-oriented polite attitude
- A minimum of 8 years working in an IT Network environment
- Understanding of routing and switching and TCP, IP and other routing protocols
- Field servers experience
- CCNA/ CCNP certifications
- Thorough Unified Communications experience
- Current knowledge of VOIP, IP and MPLS Systems
- Experienced in the design and configuration of Firewalls, VPNs and IDS/IPS Solutions
- Implementing and testing the service
- Providing support for the service transition BAU and Project teams
- £45,000 +