Civil Engineer - Site Development (Solihull)
Are you a talented and enthusiastic Civil Engineer looking to join a lively Civil team in Birmingham to help them shape a better world?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for a Civil Engineer for a leading engineering design consultancy in Birmingham.
Working with our world class team of dynamic engineers and designers, this role will cover an extremely wide variety of nationally important projects both in the UK and overseas.
You will be part of a team who delivers a wide range of projects including; highway improvement schemes associated with new developments, public realm improvements, airport developments and rail schemes. We also provide advice on flood risk assessment and flood mitigation works and provide CDM Principal Designer services. Your role on these projects typically comprises the design of all kinds of infrastructure, including:
- Infrastructure for private developments such as housing estates, business parks other commercial developments.
- Modifications to existing infrastructure, such as highway improvements, rail works, airfields.
- Flood risk assessments and sustainable drainage design.
- As a key member of the team, you will report to a Senior Engineer, and participate in the production of technical reports, drawings, engineering designs and specifications.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships both within site development team and in other Arup groups and teams in campus and beyond
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills, both to produce reports and explain your work confidently to internal and external colleagues.
- Checking the civils designs and calculations within enhancement and renewal projects;
- Support and check the work of others, sometimes supervising more junior staff where merited.
- Creating designs that are right first time and support our creation of a culture of quality;
- Take responsibility for managing the quality of your work
- Managing your own personal development utilising their in house and external training opportunities, with the freedom to work independently.
- Demonstrate a sound technical base with experience in at least one of the following:
- Highway Design
- Pavement Design
- Drainage Design
- Utilities Co-Ordination
- Demonstrate experience in designing roads and sewers to adoptable standards
- Demonstrate experience in the use of the following software packages
- Drainage modelling tools such as Windes
- CAD Packages – Microstation, Autocad, InRoads or Civils 3d
- Usual office software i.e. Word, Excel etc
- Demonstrate experience in the use of specification for highway works and civil engineering specification for the water industry.
- Experience of working in a rail environment.
Possible Job Titles
Assistant Civil Engineer, Site Engineer, Rail Engineer, Highways Engineer, Senior Civil Engineer
Submission End Date
25th January 2019