Civil Project Engineer (Liverpool)
Ford & Stanley- The Rail Recruitment Experts – are recruiting on behalf of a leading telecommunications provider into the transportation industry who are seeking a Civil Project Engineer to support in delivering a £23 million-pound project to design, install and commission a train to track radio communication system. This 2-year project has the capability of revolutionising rail communication systems and requires experienced engineers who can ‘hit the ground running’ to ensure key milestones throughout the project are completed to time, quality and cost.
Role and Responsibilities
- To ensure all work is carried out in accordance to legislative and company procedures
- Attend progress meetings including kick-off meetings and others throughout project lifecycles as required
- Promote a culture of safe working practices across Projects.
- Provide support for new bids and tenders when required
- Designated CRE Network Rail standard NR/L2/INI/02009
- Participation in IDC providing information on any risk associated with the design within their own discipline.
- Take accountability for Technical Assurance within the discipline and all Engineering activities on the Network Rail Infrastructure including those undertaken by subcontract organisations.
- Provide technical interface for infrastructure protection, technical assurance and managing technical risk during construction and engineering support to construction.
- Interpretation of design and CAD standards and application to design deliverables
- Advise project and programme management in respect of all construction activities, testing and commissioning, and site supervision. Monitor whether the design and construction elements meet the requirements of legislation, including construction design management (CDM) regulations.
- Assure whether contractors' design, construction and specialist personnel are competent.
- Undertake the duties of nominated design and construction / design construction engineer.
- Competent user of discipline specific technical software including CAD.
- Innovative and Smart Engineering solutions.
- Able to communicate clearly in written, sketch and drawn forms to people at all levels
- Accountability for Technical Assurance within the discipline and all Civils Engineering Design activities on the Network Rail Infrastructure including those undertaken by subcontract organisations.
- To manage the use of appropriate engineering standards in relation to design and construction, on all projects and check whether they comply with legislation, Railway Group and Network Rail company standards.
- Support projects through management of GRIP, Common Safety Method (CSM) submissions and CDM compliance.
- Support a culture of continuous HSE improvement
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Civils Design and engineering environment preferably in the Rail industry. Should be able to educate others in the competence.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Civils Design preferably in a rail engineering environment.
- Degree or HND Civil Engineering.
Friday 28th September