Civil Rail Engineer (Manchester)
£350 - £500 per day
Are you a talented and enthusiastic Rail Civil Engineer looking to join a lively Civil team in Manchester to help them shape a better world?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for a Rail Civil Engineer for a leading Engineering consultancy in Manchester.
Working with our world class team of dynamic engineers and designers, this role will cover an extremely wide variety of nationally important projects both in the UK and overseas.
You will be part of a team who have ownership of the successful delivery of our design commissions for major clients including Network Rail, contractors (in a design and build context) and other agencies such as Train Operators, Councils, Passenger Transport Executives and academic institutions.
Current multidisciplinary rail projects include Approaches, Station Improvements, Slab Track Stabilisation, Electric Stabling and Resignalling. They’re are also busy tendering for several exciting, large multidisciplinary design projects.
- Determining the civils design requirements from our client brief making sound decisions to produce the right design solution
- Producing the required civils design for multidisciplinary design teams on large or medium sized projects
- Checking the civils designs and calculations within enhancement and renewal projects;
- Sharing knowledge, best practice and innovation across our business, providing guidance, training and feedback with other related disciplines and skills, locally and across the UK;
- Creating designs that are right first time and support our creation of a culture of quality;
- Identifying and eliminating or mitigating risks during the design process and producing deliverables that support the Safe By Design process. Producing focussed and quality designer’s risk assessments;
- Managing your own personal development utilising their in house and external training opportunities, with the freedom to work independently.
- Experience in assisting with the civil engineering production of feasibility, scheme and detailed design reports, layouts, schematics and calculations within multidisciplinary rail projects;
- Competent in the production of drawings using CAD (e.g. Bentley MicroStation) software;
- Competent in the use of design and analysis software.
- Experience of managing small teams i.e. CAD technician and engineer;
- Commercial awareness, delivering on time and to budget, identifying change;
- Experience in undertaking site surveys / site visits and reporting on asset condition;
- General civil infrastructure design including drainage, utilities, highways
Possible Job Titles
Assistant Civil Engineer, Site Engineer, Rail Engineer, Rail Structural Engineer, Senior Civil Engineer
Submission End Date
24th October 2018.