Civils CRE (Liverpool)
£400 - £450 per day
Are you an experienced Civils CRE who can sign off Civils designs against rail industry standards?
This is an opportunity to join a company who have recently been acquired by the world's leading technology business with big ambitions to secure a foothold in the UK Rail advanced technologies space. You will be assisting in delivering a multi-million pound 2-year project to design, install and commission a train to track CCTV radio communication system.
Role and Responsibilities
- Accountable for Technical Assurance of Civils Engineering Design activities
- Use CAD software (AutoCAD) to create 2D Designs for various civils aspects of the project, including Radio masts, roots and fixings, as well as ground civils such as embankment buildability, excavations and drainage.
- Manage the use of appropriate engineering standards in relation to design and construction, on all projects and check whether they comply with legislation, Railway Group and Network Rail company standards.
- Support the project through management of GRIP, Common Safety Method (CSM) submissions and CDM compliance.
- Attend progress meetings including kick-off meetings and others throughout project lifecycles as required
- Participate in IDC providing information on any risk associated with the design within the civils discipline
- Interpret designs and CAD standards and apply them to design deliverables
- Use modelling software to complete and meet BIM requirements
- Derive structural and load calculations using the appropriate software to do so.
You will be an experienced Civils Engineer who has worked in a Rail environment and ideally has experience within the ground/ geo tech civils. You will have:
- Demonstrable experience in the application of civils design principles
- Demonstrable competence in the design and review and sign off of Civils design against industry standards.
- Competent user of 2D CAD Design.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to develop and deliver presentations, preparation of technical reports and knowledge about project management.
- Participates in interdisciplinary review of project deliverables.