Commercial Manager (Coulsdon)
£55,000 - £65,000
Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are working with one of our UK rail clients who have been acquired by the world’s leading technology business with big ambitions to secure a foothold in the UK rail advance technologies space.
Due to the continuous growth and project wins, our client is looking to strengthen their commercial team with the appointment of a Commercial Manager, who will be responsible for the commercial delivery of a number of projects with high profile clients on the railway infrastructure.
Role and Responsibilities
- Contract Understanding & Negotiation with the Customer
- Develop commercial strategies to support bid opportunities into customers, review proposed contract terms and lead on customer contractual negotiations.
- The determination of project risk through interpretation of the contract documents and create strategies to mitigate or remove risks.
- Understanding differing standard forms of contracts.
- Understanding customer business requirements and ensuring they are delivered within the boundaries of the contractual arrangements.
- Being the customer’s commercial interface and therefore ensuring the company maintain a strong customer relationship. Client commercial satisfaction on the project and implementing policies/procedures to improve any sub-standard customer satisfaction and prevent reoccurrence.
- Commercial Management & Reporting
- Support the delivery team to ensure projects financial and commercial control with the production of accurate profit and loss, cash flow, KPI’s and cost to complete statements.
- Providing accurate and timely reports and management information to the project team and senior management on current contracts.
- Risk Management
- Ensuring compliance with all legislative and internal policies is achieved and contract processes are diligently followed.
- Regularly checking that robust procedures are in place to capture Variations, Claims and Compensation Events.
- Contract Administration
- Ensuring that projects are delivered in accordance with the contract. This will involve in identifying our responsibilities and obligations and ensuring these are fully understood by the project team.
- Identifying contractual matters and leading discussions with customers to minimise our commercial exposure and maximising our recovery of revenue. This will involve drafting of commercial correspondence with detailed reference to clauses, justifications and cost build-up to support our position. formulating contractual/legal correspondence.
- Ensuring that all contract interim and final accounts are produced and agreed within the contractual timescales and include all required details.
The ideal candidate must come from a contracting background and have a good understanding of contract change and reading drawings. You must also be proficient in MS Office particularly Excel & Word.
- Industry – Civils / Building construction / Rail
- Contracting background
- Good understanding of change & drawings
- Independent & the ability to work a part of a team
- Proficient in MS office
- Proven experience and ability to deliver commercial manager role as detailed above.
15th July 2019
Likely Job Titles
Contracts Manager, Quantity Surveyor, Senior Quantity, QS, Senior QS, Commercial Director,
- £45,000 +