Commercial Manager (Derby)
£45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Do you have experience of commercial contract management?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting Commercial Manager to join a No.1 polished consultancy who have secured high profile projects based in the East Midlands.
Our client specialises in delivering exceptional rail consultancy services across the UK. Working from the head office in Derby, they are seeking to make a senior appointment within their operations team.
As the Commercial Manager you will responsible for working alongside the Business Development teams, Business Managers and Project Managers to provide commercial support across the project life-cycle.
You will be a part of a fast paced and challenging environment that will offer you the exciting opportunity to work in a range of interesting and diverse technical disciplines and contribute to a growing consultancy.
Role and Responsibilities
- Contracts focused position, predominantly within pre-contract stage, e.g. working closely with the Bid Manager to put together bids/proposals from a commercial and some legal perspective with some elements of post contract.
- Liaising closely with the in-house legal team, review and negotiate the contractual commitments of the business.
- Ensure the commercial arrangements of all sales contracts maximise rewards with an appropriate balance of risk.
- Provide guidance on all commercial aspects of new business development opportunities from inception through to successful delivery.
- Identify, establish and maintain client procurement or supply chain portals and ensure relevant requirements, alerts and leads are engaged by the company.
The ideal candidate will have experience of commercial contract management and negotiation, with proven ability to work with a high degree of independence.
- Legal, business or purchasing qualification.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programmes.
- Ability to use business systems (CRM, SharePoint, SAP).
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and manage other staff across department boundaries.
- A sound working knowledge of commercial contract law.
- £45,000 +