Commercial Manager (London)
£80,000 - £90,000 per annum
Are you an analytical thinker who is commercially minded, looking to progress a Senior opportunity within a major Rolling Stock organisation?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts have the pleasure of supporting one of the UK’s most prestigious rail leasing companies to recruit an experienced Commercial Manager to support the organisation’s growth developments.
Our client is one of the biggest rail leasing companies in the UK, recognised by its impeccable work ethic and company values, you will be joining an innovative organisation who pride themselves with their sound reputation in the rail industry.
As part of a close-knit structure within the Commercial function, your role as a Commercial Manager requires you to manage the company’s residual value risk, portfolio renewal and new production development.
This is a great opportunity for the ideal candidate to further their network and establish themselves within a reputable organisation, who in return will offer great employee support and benefits to incentivise a strong work ethic.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop re-leasing strategies for fleets and lead the company’s internal matrix team in lease negotiations with franchise bidders;
- Contribute to the successful delivery or betterment of annual EBITDA and longer-term value through re-leasing the portfolio at rentals higher than forecast;
- Prepare term sheets and review contract documents;
- Identify, understand and mitigate risks in transaction structures
- Prepare and present complex transactions to the company’s Group Boards;
- Assist internal stakeholders on commercial terms for customer requests for modifications / enhancements to the fleets;
- Review modification / enhancement requests in the context of long term value and strategic fit with corporate objectives;
- Gather market intelligence and identify new opportunities;
- Pre-emptively assess re-leasing threats and opportunities and identify priority fleets for resource planning;
The ideal candidate will have to demonstrate a high degree of analytical thinking, be commercially and financially savvy whilst maintaining a calm and personable demeanour. This is a demanding position which will require an individual who can deal with an array of operational challenges and that flourishes in achieving results and positive outcomes.
Forward thinking is imperative in adapting to a changing environment, you will need to be flexible and gather rail industry awareness quickly and efficiently. A big part of your role is maintaining and developing relationships with customers across the rail industry, thus demonstrating a strong will and astute networking skills is crucial to being successful.
- Experience: 5+ years in a similar role within commercial management
- Experience in operating leasing
- Understanding and compiling contractual frameworks
- Analytical skills – can work sharply with financial figures
- Knowledge and experience within asset financial leasing
- Strong communication skills (engagement and negotiations)
- Degree educated or industry experience equivalent
- Candidates with a legal/accountancy/finance background
- Graduate level education or equivalent
- Banking / Leasing qualifications
Likely Job Titles
Finance Manager, Asset Contracts Manager, Contract Manager
- £45,000 +