Commercial Manager - Rail (Birmingham)
£350 - £400 per day
Commercial Manager - Rail
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Commercial Manager on a 6 months contract basis, who will be accountable for the successful delivery of project commercial outcomes. You will have the opportunity to work for a well-established rail organisation within the West Midlands.
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Commercial Specialist who will provide a high level of commercial and contractual support to the development projects and to the business.
- Input to / comment on potential contractors / suppliers / designers proposed for tender lists.
- Establish budgets for works and keep under review on a periodic basis in conjunction with the finance team.
- Produce tender / ITT documentation suitable to obtain bids to undertake works by external contractors in conjunction with the procurement team.
- Review technical documentation & comment on sufficiency for ITT purposes.
- Accountable for securing tenders for project works on the most appropriate terms to meet franchise obligations.
- Establish and maintain effective third-party relationships that maximise opportunities for successful project delivery.
- Provide commercial support to minimise commercial risk and maximise potential opportunities in depot projects.
- Provide commercial input to tender settlement including but not limited to cost benchmarking, programme review, preliminaries (staff, attendances, etc.), tender reports and contractual advice.
- Support all post submission tasks required to convert tender into an award including tender reports.
- Participate and prepare in risk analysis as necessary and prepare / maintain schedules of risk items.
- Provide input to final selection process for contract works including appropriate recommendations for Programme Manager approval.
- Help prepare any necessary commercial / contractual advice notes to facilitate corporate governance.
- Respond to Tender Questions in conjunction with project team and administer Tender Question process.
The successful candidate must have a degree in building / construction or civils engineering and relevant experience obtained within the construction industry, in procurement and contracts. You must also have an excellent understanding of commercial and contractual skills with the ability to identify problems.
Likely job titles