Configuration Management Engineer (Buckinghamshire)
£30 - £35 per hour
Are you a Configuration Engineer with at least 4 years’ experience in PDM (Product Data Management) who is either interested in getting into contracting or is looking for a new contract?
Ford & Stanley Interim are working with one of the UK’s most interesting engineering services business who offer contractors long term security across multiple clients and industries, providing variety, ongoing professional relationships and engineering challenges.
With a business model that is going to challenge traditional UK Engineering consultancies, my client offers engineering support to its customers which places priority on having local based experts who can represent their organisation in a positive way, ensuring that their integrity and capability is always held in high regard.
This particular contract is going to be an initial 6-month contract working with one of the UK's leading Aerospace & Defence organisations and is highly likely to roll over for a minimum 12-month period but should extend beyond that.
- Configuring design solutions in PDM Metaphase.
- Creation & Revision of AWL (Aircraft Wiring List), AKM (Aircraft Kitting Matrix) & TLS (Torque Load Schedule).
- To update the Bill of Material / Master Parts List to reflect the configuration changes due to design modifications.
- To coordinate for all necessary airworthiness approvals needed for Mod bulletins.
- To investigate and resolve queries raised by Technical Data Services team.
- Take quality feedback and suggestions from client and communicate the same to team.
- For Lead role
- experience in managing a small team delivering Configuration management as a service is desired.
- Ability and experience in working with multicultural and global distributed teams is a definite advantage
- Windows, Advanced
- MS Office, Advanced
- PDM, Intermediate
- CODAC, Intermediate
- PLM, Intermediate