Construction Manager (Merseyside)
£400 - £425 per day
Are you an experienced Construction Manager who can plan and manage the onsite activities required to safely deliver a trail blazing, multi-million pound Rail Project based in the North West?
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Construction Manager to join an established business who have recently won a piece of work to support a large Rail project in Merseyside. In order to fulfil this work they need a highly organised and efficient Construction Manager who can manage the site delivery of the works to the required specifications and standards.
Initial 6-month contract with a high potential to extend.
Work will predominantly be Nights and Weekends due to site access requirements. There will occasionally be some day shifts required.
- Manage the site delivery of the works ensuring that the required skills and resources are available prior to starting the works.
- Manage the Execution of task delivery, allocating appropriate skills and resource to ensure safe and timely completion of works.
- Manage the completion, collation and return of site documentation.
- Inspect and certify completion of works to the defined specification and standards.
- Assist in the completion of quotes and tenders.
- Conduct lessons learnt meetings with the Delivery / Project Managers logging corrective and preventative actions.
- Conduct on site briefings and verifying understanding.
- Monitoring and mentoring of field engineers to aid and assist in their development.
- Structure own area of responsibility effectively and keep records of all open issues in a very complex working environment.
- Project Management certification is highly desired
- 5 years plus relevant experience in the planning and execution of construction type projects in a field-based role, particularly in the rail industry.
- Effective utilization of recognized planning, analytical or conceptual principles and techniques.
- Ability to apply financial or technical data knowledge to provide sound analysis to drive results significantly and support respective management decision
- Understand the impact of legislation and law regulations relevant to the project
- Knowledge of SAP and MS Office software package (excellent Excel)