Construction Project Manager (London)
£350 - £450 per day
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Specialists are currently working with a multi-award-winning business at the forefront of innovation within the rail industry.
Our client has been bought out by a large rail organisation to bring over their innovative ticketing platform to shake up the current UK ticketing market.
They’re currently working on a significantly invested project to improve their sites car park strategy. They’re looking for a Project Manager to oversee the implementation, financial monitoring, control of contracts, contactors and subcontractors, ensuring health and safety, environmental and quality compliance is maintained, and procedures and objectives are achieved.
This person will be responsible to audit site operations and project manage the car park strategy to achieve cost, time and quality requirements in the delivery of construction works.
- Ensure that contractor programmes are planned to a level of detail necessary for the scheme to be delivered without delays
- Ensure Contractor compliance with standards and policies
- Chair and attend internal and external meetings and ensure the production of accurate records of any discussions and actions
- Review risk registers and check risk controls
- Supervise and oversee delivery of construction works, ensuring that the client’s specifications and requirements are met.
- Ensure compliance with the Method Statement (or Work Package Plan) and that the contractor has adequately implemented all control measures stated within the Risk Assessments.
- Ensure that the site rules for Health and Safety and the Environment are complied with at all times and operatives and supervisors are adequately briefed on the Safe Method of Work to be utilised for each phase of the works.
- Ensure contractor has protected assets and has relevant sign off for all required paperwork included Temporary Works. Ensure required Temporary Works Inspections are undertaken.
- Check completed stages of the works for compliance against drawings and specifications. Undertake pre-start visit and dilapidation surveys with contractor, review handback information and undertake snagging checks to ensure project progress is correctly documented.
- Ensure that works are carried out in a manner which minimizes community impact.
- Review and authorize applications for payment to ensure payments are only paid to contractors for works properly completed in line with contracts on an earned value basis.
- Ensure that contractor programmes are planned to a level of detail necessary for the scheme to be delivered without delays.
- Ensure a commercial plan and end of life forecast is in place and monitored monthly for the successful commercial delivery of the project.
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to influence and mentor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with both customers and all levels of staff
- Problem solving skills and analytical thinking
- CITB SMSTS
- Experienced in site delivery and civil engineering construction techniques
- Good working knowledge of contract conditions, CDM regulations, design management, programme and risk management and cost control including forecasting, actual cost and value reporting
- Experience of compliance with UK Health and Safety Standards and regulations
- Experience of managing Construction Health and Safety Management processes
- Ensure compliance with relevant standards and legislation including Network Rail standards and procedures
- Knowledge of and experience in managing and administering agreements in the JCT contract suite as well as other commercial contracts
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Ability to manage Inspection and Test plan, construction and materials compliance
- Experience of Tendering process for a number of multi-discipline projects
- EngTech or IEng
- First Aid trained
- Full UK Driving Licence