Construction Site Manager
£200 - 210 per day
Are you an experienced Construction Site Manager with experience of being the ‘eyes and ears’ of the project manager, ensuring that the project meet the required specifications and requirements?
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Site Manager is a part of the project Team working for my client. Taking direction from the Project Manager for the project, the main tasks include the supervision of various areas of associated installation disciplines: electrical, controls, irrigation/drainage, HVAC, benching and racking, testing and commissioning and other associated tasks and work packages.
The Site Manager is responsible for supervising all project resources to ensure all operatives on site have clear direction, are operating safely and working towards the delivery programme and that all timesheets are correctly checked, signed and process on a weekly basis with the client and the Project Manager. Site Health and Safety (including COVID19 measures as required) are a priority for the Site Manager. You will report directly to the Project Manager.
- To attend project sites as directed.
- Supervise and oversee the direction of the project ensuring that the client specifications and requirements are met, reviewing progress & liaising with Project Manager to monitor time, quality & costs.
- Supervise and deliver all the H&S requirements on site, including inductions to all visitors, contractors and employees and checking Risk Assessments and Method Statements – ensuring these are followed and adhered to by all employees, contractors, and sub-contractors.
- Manage all day to day activities of client’s staff, contractors, and subcontractors on site.
- Ensure PPE is used and worn as directed and manage site spare PPE ensuring it is signed in and out of site.
- Secure the site and all plant and materials daily.
- Manage all maintenance procedures for owned and hired in plant and check on hire plant on hire against the hire register, off hiring plant as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Ensure site area are always tidy and organise clearance of the site at the end of the project.
- Communicate any progress and technical issues to the Project Manager. Monitor the programme and update/liaise with Project Manager to record and update progress and programmes of work.
- Checking designs and drawings and preparing site reports on a routine basis as required.
- Maintain a daily site diary recording site visits, workers, deliveries, and issues.
- Receive materials from suppliers, checking quantity and quality and signing for the deliveries and forwarding delivery notes to client’s head office.
- Check and record training certificates for specific plant items for each user ensuring they are in date.
- Check CSCS certificates are in date and the relevant trade is certified.
- Maintain quality and quality control procedures in line with company Quality Management Systems.
- Liaising with client, their representatives, construction professionals, subcontractors and potentially members of the public.
- Check timesheets daily, sign weekly and process for Project Manager as required.
- Any other reasonable tasks as required.
- SMSTS Qualifications
- Supervisor CSCS card holder
- Experience managing site operatives daily
- Knowledge and understanding of civils, structural and mechanical & electrical engineering (not all essential)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, a strong collaborator with team working skills.
- South London