Continuous Improvement Lead (Chard)
£55,000 per annum
Are you a lean expert looking for a blank canvas to utilize your extensive skills and experience, working with the workforce to identify best practices and look at ways that efficiency could be improved, all while working within a respected engineering company that currently has a turnover of over £600 million?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment specialists, are looking to recruit a Continuous Improvement Leader to drive a cultural change and develop and implement a Lean Strategy to allow my client to increase output by 10 %
- The Continuous Improvement (CI) Leader’s role is to identify, lead, and execute the CI strategy via Lean and Six Sigma methods within the assigned business to deliver bottom line, quantified results. This includes
- Performing business assessment.
- Planning, facilitation, execution of kaizen events, and sustainment through standard work and procedures.
- Drive the cultural transformation through the business building effective matrix teams.
- Driving involvement and talent development.
- Reporting directly to Managing Director.
- Regularly interacting and providing insight and influence at all levels from business leaders to shop floor associates in leading and encouraging CI initiatives and work practices.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Access and generate measurement and assessment tools enabling operational leaders to evaluate potential areas for formal Continuous Improvement actions and to subsequently determine their operational and financial value.
- Recommend Continuous Improvement projects (e.g., kaizen events, point kaizens, major project teams, etc.) based on evaluating operational and financial data and qualitative analysis based on observation and discussion; supported by proposed budget and cost/benefit forecasts.
- Project manage approved Continuous Improvement programs by coordinating necessary human and operational resources and setting and implementing budgetary and timing controls to achieve chartered goals.
- Coach, counsel and train operational managers and staff to apply, support, sustain and develop a Continuous Improvement culture.
- Facilitate and lead Continuous Improvement events as a subject matter expert while empowering operational staff and associates to present ideas and create improvements and solutions.
- Leverage best practices gained through Continuous Improvement activities to other activities which would benefit from implementation.
- Planning and Execution
- Team Building
- Change Management / Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Train, coach and counsel
- At least 4 years of job related experience in a related field.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with internal and external stakeholders.
- To be able to read, write and work to an exceptional standard.
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure in a diverse and changing environment.
- Ability to carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills are essential for this position as well as having the ability to work in a high-volume environment.
- The ability to work in a team and individually.
- Ability to manage workload and time effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible approach to work pattern.
- Good planning skills.
- Demonstrate an empathy and understanding of customer need.
- Excellent computer literacy.
- Driving Licence.
- £45,000 +