Contract Officer (Gloucester)
£35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley have partnered up with a company in the nuclear sector as currently there is a ground-breaking scenario where a state of the art nuclear reactor is to be built in the North of Wales. It is the first time a reactor like this is to be built in the UK and therefore is an opportunity to join a relatively new business at a key part of the bidding and contract process. We are looking for someone to join the contract management/procurement department who will hold influence over relationships with key contacts and stakeholders as the project starts to gain more and traction and be vital in the processes management and future procurement of goods and services for not only this project but future projects too. Are you someone who has client relationship management experience as well as being a procurement professional, if so this role is for you.
- Lead the tendering process for direct & indirect categories under role’s authority, ensuring the negotiation and implementation of best value contracts taking account of the total contract values and various sourcing approaches
- Effective contract and relationship management, under the role’s authority.
- Develop and actively manage relationships with suppliers, ensuring business requirements are fully understood and met and that supplier performance is measured and regularly evaluated
- Manage problems and schedule changes and ensure changes are reflected within the ERP systems
- Manage the buying process for a given set of goods / services and prepare purchase orders in line with cost, quality and delivery targets
- Actively participate in supplier performance reviews.
- Provide commercial expertise, coaching and guidance to project colleagues and relevant stakeholders
- Lead the purchase of goods and services to meet project requirements, deliver value for money and minimise risk our client.
- Provide commercial expertise and governance directly to the project and SCM teams
- Ensure that all activities are carried out with full regard to regulatory expectations, statutory regulations, company and location directives, procedures and safety rules
Qualifications & Experience
- The role requires specific responsibility for managing a very large contract, managing suppliers and managing any procurement linked to the contract.
- A minimum of four years procurement experience working in a relevant engineering or highly regulated industry
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationship at all levels, with first class communication skills
- Ability to work to challenging deadlines and experience of delivering to business requirements
- Does not involve material goods procurement but focusses in high risk (people and tasks).
- Although it is a contract officer role, there will be procurement responsibility
- Contractual Terms and Conditions knowledge is required as well as maintaining spending control
Possible Job Titles
Contract Manager, Buyer, Procurement Officer
Submission End Date
14th October 2018
- £35,000 - £45,000