Contracts Manager (Cardiff)
£40,000 per annum
Are you a sharp and engaged Contracts Manager with a proven record of managing high value contracts?
Ford & Stanley – The Engineering Recruitment Specialists are looking for an experienced Contracts Manager to join a leading reputable organisation, who have been serving the rail industry for the last two decades, providing technical expertise to all their customers.
You will be responsible for supporting the business to deliver profitably in both short and long-term contracts. This will be achieved through an ability to develop great customer relationships, work in partnership with production managers, negotiate effectively and have an in depth understanding of deliverables, cost, risks and value of contracts.
- Lead the successful delivery of a range of customer contracts for overhaul, refurbishment and spares management.
- Have responsibility for ensuring the profitability of each managed contract.
- Report commercial and financial performance back into the business heads on a regular basis.
- Use effective project management skills and procedures to manage the successful delivery of the contract, identify and manage risk and to forecast the future performance of the contract.
- Work closely with production to ensure customer delivery programme and technical requirements are met in a multi-contract production environment.
- Work closely with both engineering and the supply chain to predict and effectively manage any future issues as well as identifying and delivering added value improvements.
- Manage warranty claims.
- Ensure applications for payment and invoices are raised as appropriate for core work, arising work and any casualty spares supplied to customers.
- Track location and status of customer float materials and progress through overhaul to ensure availability to meet likely customer requirements.
- Respond to customer requirements for casualty components and ensure delivery in requested timescales.
- Ensuring contract deliverables and requirements are fully understood by all stakeholders including admin, operations, planning engineering, commercial.
- Act as main point of contact between the company and their customers.
- Lead Contract Review meetings with customer, including preparation of a presentation detailing programme status and taking ownership for managing Contract Review action list.
- Support bid submissions for new / renewed contracts.
- Ensure any changes to a contract are implemented through the internal Change Management process and agreement of a contract variation with the customer.
- Price-up and issue formal quotation for any ad-hoc work or revised customer requirements.
- Degree level in a numerate subject
- Knowledge of contract procedures and commercial management, ideally involving high risk, high value services of supplies
- Project management experience
- Must come from an engineering, rail, aerospace or automotive industry
- Experience and interest in business development
19th Feb 2020
Procurement manager, Commercial Manager, Assistant Commercial Manager
- £35,000 - £45,000