Customer Account Manager - Rail (London)
£55,000 - £60,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts have the pleasure of supporting one of the UK’s most prestigious rail leasing companies to recruit an experienced Customer Account Manager.
Your role as a Customer Account Manager will ensure you are developing strong relationships with your main customer: the train and freight operators. You will be responsible for the interface between the company and it’s customers, liaising with senior and executive levels including Engineering, Commercial & Finance directors.
The main purpose of this role is to be responsible for the day to day management of leases and communications with their customers, identifying opportunities to grow customer accounts and build relationships with new customers.
This is a great opportunity for an individual to establish themselves within a well-respected ROSCO in the UK, in turn elevating your skill set and exposure in a heavily invested industry.
London main office + UK travel
Key role and Responsibilities
- Manage the relationship between the company and their customers.
- Building strong relationships with senior and executive levels.
- Lead and coordinate lease negotiations.
- Working with the operational and finance department to coordinate lease contract negotiations and ensure both the requirements and the requirements of their customers are accurately captured in the lease documentation.
- Ensure all the companies trains are operated in accordance with the terms of the lease and contract.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual who has demonstrable account management experience, ideally within the rail sector. It is essential that you can effectively develop strong relationships both internally and externally to achieve the consistent high standards the organisation is used to. Strong negotiation skills are key for this position as you will be responsible for the management of lease contracts, coordinating projects, resolving issues and ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of billing and payments.
- Rail industry exposure (strongly desirable)
- Commercial and financial awareness and understanding
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong oral and written presentation abilities
Likely Job Titles
Sales Manager, Relationship Manager, Key Account Manager
- £45,000 +