Depot Manager (Nottingham)
£55,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Depot Manager looking for a new and exciting opportunity in the rail industry? One of our partners have a position for a Depot Manager working on providing leadership across the depot.
Ford & Stanley - the technical recruitment experts are aiding the recruitment of a Depot Manager focussed around locomotives.
Nottingham, Derby, Leicester
Role and Responsibilities
- Reliable delivery of the required fleet production output, to provide reliable, safe, functional and clean trains into service on a daily basis.
- Provision of adequate resources of sufficient number, skill, competence and experience to safely and reliably provide the required depot output, whilst ensuring all company policies and procedures in relation to Human Resources management are robustly implemented.
- To ensure a strong Union relationship at a local level, managing local industrial relations risks.
- To ensure robust support structures are in place to enable the safe and efficient delivery of the required output, including facilities, quality, health and safety and environmental management.
- To support the delivery of, and at a depot level ensure robust implementation and governance for, fleet and business projects. To lead the delivery of projects where required.
- To ensure that the depot complies at all times with relevant legislation, contracts and company processes and procedures.
- To form strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, to ensure the needs of the depot are represented across the broader company functions, and vice versa.
- Proven people management skills
- Leadership background within a unionised production environment
- Strong general management skills
- Excellent communicator
- Experience within heavy industry
Possible job titles
Depot Manager, Production Manager, Fleet Engineer, Fleet Manager, Traction and Rolling Stock Engineer, Workshop Manager
Job ref: JL5239
- £45,000 +