Design Engineer / Junior Design Engineer (Alfreton)
£23,000 - £26,000 per annum
Are you a Design Engineer or a graduate Engineer looking for the opportunity to join one of the UK’s most reputable railway manufacturers in the country?
Wanting a role that not only offers the opportunity for the successful candidate to be a part of extremely high-profile national rail projects, but also offering the prospect for great career development? Our client truly offers a 360 approach, from design, manufacturing and installation all done in-house. Giving the design team the unique chance to see their work through to the end.
Ford & Stanley are currently working with an industry leader in the design and supply of railway signalling structures, location platforms and signalling points components. We are looking for a Design Engineer to join the fast paced and innovative design team based in Alfreton, Derbyshire.
The post holder may be asked to supervise trainees and juniors including the provision of guidance, basic training and communicating best practice.
- To work both independently and as part of a team.
- The post holder is also required to liaise with company personnel with regard to engineering specifications, drawing queries, design briefs, project engineering matters etc.
- To work on the design of new and existing products ensuring a cost-effective solution.
- Provide technical assistance to sales, purchasing, manufacturing and installation departments.
- Liaise with clients regarding approval of designs.
- To prepare calculations and design data for new and existing products using manual methods, effective use of software and “In House” spreadsheets.
- May assist in Site Survey.
- Interpretation of structural civil and/or mechanical designs into working solutions.
- Preparation of detail and design drawings using AutoCAD and Inventor.
- Liaise with colleagues to determine engineering solutions to problems.
- Liaise with clients, their representatives, consultants, suppliers and sub-contractors in respect of the production of engineering drawings, specifications, work instructions and problem solving.
- Checking of drawings/designs.
- To act as the company’s Contractors Responsible Engineer on a project by project basis.
- Perform the duties of design engineer for projects by CDM regulations
- Act in the role of design mentor as required
- The post holder is required to conduct themselves in accordance with their contract of employment and the company handbook.
- The post holder must to the best of their knowledge and experience carry out work in such a manner so not to endanger their own health and safety, that of their colleagues, the company’s clients, the general public, our suppliers or the environment.
- The post holder shall do their utmost to protect and enhance the company’s commercial and financial wellbeing and reputation.
- The post holder may be required to be called upon to carry out other reasonable requests/duties for the company at the discretion of his or her line Manager.
- Engage in training, development and education in order to keep skills and knowledge current and to strive for continual improvement.
- Degree or equivalent in engineering.
- Experience using CAD software
- £25,000 - £35,000