Design Engineer (Nottingham)
£25,000 - £30,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Design Engineer to join a leading global Manufacturing company that have been supporting their customers in the UK and Worldwide for over 60 years.
This is an opportunity to work for a company who over the last 60 years have become the global leaders in their manufacturing field. This is a company that are forward thinking and are always looking at ways to expand their service offerings. You will be liaising with customers, taking down their requirements and in consultation with them, produce working CAD models that will then be made into successful production parts.
At this company your voice will be heard, and you can be part of a company who are always looking at way to innovate to make sure they remain as global leader for the next 60 years and more.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Aid development of the plastic CNC machining services
- Act as the interface between Customers and the production team
- Interpreting customer requirements and translating this into successful production parts
- Work closely with the technical manager in the development of new standard parts
- Acting as “Trouble-shooter” for day to day production issues
The ideal candidate must be proficient in 3D Modelling (Fusion 360 or Solidworks) and come from a manufacturing/production/engineering environment. As this role involves communication externally and internal, strong communication skills are a must.
- 3D CAD modelling experience (Fusion 360 or Solidworks)
- Organised / Structured / Proactive
- Good communication skills / no fear of the phone
- Manufacturing/Production/engineering background
- Fusion 360 CAD experience
- Experience with CAM
8th February 2019
Likely job titles
CAD Engineer, Design Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Production Engineer
- £25,000 - £35,000