Design Engineer (Somerset)
£20 - £32 per hour
Ford & Stanley Interim – The Railway Specialists are currently looking to recruit a Design Engineer with proven experience in Solidworks and Auto CAD within a heavy industry to work with the UK’s market leader in electrification.
Please note: our client requires a contractor who is able to start in around 1-1.5months time due to incoming project work.
Role and Responsibilities
The Design Engineer's role will require them to develop designs using reasoned and intuitive judgement, creation of 3D drawings and technical documentation. This individuals input is required at all stage of the project life cycle from tender / conception through specification, design, manufacture, test and commissioning, operations and maintenance.
- Responsible for assisting with the identification of appropriate resources to ensure the delivery of work packages is achieved in a timely manner to the highest quality.
- Delivery of all technical aspects of major projects in accordance with the agreed project plan.
- Communicate both efficiently and effectively whilst championing a team work culture.
- Responsible to ensure a consistent approach to bidding and estimating is applied to achieve accurate and realistic project budgets.
- Lead design review meetings with customers both internally and externally.
- Monitor the delivery or work packages to ensure that the processes are being consistently applied within the company system.
- Proficient in Auto CAD and Solidworks.
- History of compliance with safety standards.
- Experience working as a project engineer in a heavy industry / manufacturing environment.
- Degree level education or long-term experience.
Likely Job Titles
Project Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Solidworks Design Engineer.