Designated Project Engineer (London)
Are you a Designated Project Engineer who has experience working on Rail based infrastructure projects and can lead the design management of projects and facilities of a Train Operating Company to achieve cost, time and quality objectives within agreed guidelines.
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Experts have partnered with an award-winning train operator based out of London who are seeking a Designated Project Engineer to be responsible for the delivery of facilities management, maintenance, renewals and enhancements to over 160 stations and 500 commercial units. Ensuring all stakeholders are following the correct Railway Group and Network Rail company standards, contractual agreements and safety processes.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide a professional, first class, consistent and effective project management service to the clients, including project monitoring and reporting systems in accordance with Railway Group standards, Network Rail company standards as appropriate and Provide accurate budgetary information and periodic expenditure forecasts. guidelines.
- Provide accurate budgetary information and periodic expenditure forecasts.
- Participate in the development of supply strategies and framework contracts.
- Develop strong commercial relationships at senior level, with new and existing suppliers and occupiers, leading to increased influence and business partnerships.
- Provide detailed input for compilation of the business plan and production of the possessions plan.
- Be responsible for the management of contractual relationships with customers to protect the company’s asset base and ensure the portfolio is managed in compliance with statutory legislation, best practice and professional principles to improve profitability and fulfil budgetary and company obligations.
- Control project change, risks and contingency within the project life cycle and provide all cost, contingency and programme details to enable the Sponsor to obtain authorisation for portfolios/projects.
- Provide a safe working environment in the execution of work directly under the post holder’s responsibility, including development of project safety plans and other associated documentation.
- Provide support to the Asset Team Safety Manager either through the direct reporting of recognised safety non-conformances or practical support dependant on the person’s level of safety training & experience
- Manage the delivery of the facilities management strategy for the TOCs portfolio so that reliable, cost effective and sustainable hard and soft services are provided in accordance with industry best practice. Proactively develop and maintain a good understanding of industry best practice and trends, with the aim of introducing and applying this to the benefit of the estate.
- Be responsible for preparing and submitting full evidence packs as required by the DfT TfL & other outside Bodies.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of project management process and support systems and contract management. Experience of project management within a regulated industry. Significant experience in a project management role in a delivery environment
- Knowledge of safety regulations and the requirements of the CDM Regulations
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytically strong and able to structure ideas and expectations
- Able to deliver in a high-pressure environment
- Able to handle complexity and uncertainty
- Sensitive to interdependencies
- Flexible and able to work to tight deadlines with capability to recover after setbacks and changes to plan
- Commercial and financial understanding and knowledge
- Membership of an appropriate Engineering Institution (preferred)