Document Controller (Birmingham/Eastleigh)
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Do you have the experience and knowledge to implement a document control system?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are looking for a pro-active and driven Document Controller who will have excellent organisational skills, as well as taking responsibility for the delivery of assigned tasks and have an eye for detail.
The main contracted office will be Birmingham however you will be required to travel to depots, which will include 2-3 days over night stay.
You will have the opportunity to work for a leading engineering business within the rail industry. The role requires an experienced administrator who will be capable of providing full Document Control support for the client’s project.
If you are seeking a new and challenging role within the rail industry, this opportunity can offer you exposure to some of the biggest project changes of this decade. In return this organisation is growing from strength to strength and is able to offer the successful candidate the chance to be a part of an increasingly-expanding culture.
Role and Responsibilities
- Represent the company in developing, managing and maintaining the Operations Document Management systems.
- Undertake Quality Assurance checks.
- Assisting with the development and enforcement of doc control procures.
- Tracking all documentation for review and return in a timely manner.
- The setting up of new users and administering system permissions.
- Uploading the latest versions of the clients’ project-orientated documentation as requested by project managers/engineers.
- Credit control duties – chasing payments and updating records
- To undertake any function within reason to ensure the smooth running of the department/working on own initiative and when requested to do so.
- Ad hoc administrative tasks as and when required including photocopying, binding and typing
The ideal candidate would have previously worked in a project environment where they are able to handle a high influx of work during peak project times. Your tenacity and organisational skills will be showcased in this role where you will be expected to adhere to the company’s high quality of standards.
- Confidence in their own ability
- Can follow processes and procedures
- Excellent in administration, time management and planning
- Effective written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent people communication skills
- Ability to work on their own or part of a team
- PC literate - Excel, Word & Powerpoint
- Act as an ambassador for document control when attending internal and external meetings
- Have a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Willing to travel
Likely Job Titles
Document Controller, Access Control Planner, Administrator
- £25,000 - £35,000