Document Controller (London)
£20 - £23 per hour
Are you an experienced Document Controller looking for your next step in your career?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Document Controller for a global rail organisation based in London.
Working on an exciting £300 million infrastructure project that will be truly unique for London. This role seeks an experienced administrator who will be capable of providing full Document Control support for this project.
If you are seeking a new and challenging role within the rail industry, this opportunity can offer you exposure to some of the biggest project changes of this decade. In return this organisation is growing from strength to strength and is able to offer the successful candidate the chance to be a part of an increasingly-expanding culture.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintaining the client’s intranet ensuring that the current version of all controlled documents are available and accessible
- Updating and testing the intranet document records
- Checking and sending documents to clients;
- Offer advice and recommendations for improving the clients’ Intranet processes;
- Uploading the latest versions of the clients’ project-orientated documentation as requested by project managers/engineers;
- Credit control duties – chasing payments and updating records
- To undertake any function within reason to ensure the smooth running of the department/working on own initiative and when requested to do so
- Trained as an Intranet Super-User;
- Ad hoc administrative tasks as and when required including photocopying, binding and typing;
- In addition to duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform
- To undertake and function within reason to ensure the smooth running of the department/working on own initiative and when requested to do so.
The ideal candidate would have previously worked in a project environment where they are able to handle a high influx of work during peak project times. Your tenacity and organisational skills will be showcased in this role where you will be expected to adhere to the company’s high quality of standards.
- Highly organised and efficient
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to liaise and communicate on all levels
- 2 year(s) experience in similar role
- Basic knowledge of health and safety
- Able to work as part of a team;
- Must be able to read, write and converse freely in the English language;
- Be reliable and punctual;
- To work conscientiously in a high profile and demanding environment
29th August 2018
Likely Job Titles
Document Controller, Access Control Planner, Administrator