Document Controller (Scunthorpe)
£20 - £23 per hour
Are you an experienced Document Controller who can coordinate and manage the Document Control for a trail blazing, multi-million pound Rail Project based in the North West?
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Document Controller to join an established business who have recently won a piece of work to support a large Rail project in Merseyside. In order to fulfil this work they need a highly organised and efficient Document controller who can ensure accurate and efficient communication of all documents related to the project.
Initial 6 month contract with a potential to extend to 2 years.
- Maintaining the Document Control system ensuring that the current version of all controlled documents are available to relevant staff.
- Ensure that all controlled documents are available through the META data search function
- Communicating by email to all relevant staff, mew and revised changes to documents.
- Checking and issue of documents to clients via email or document management portal.
- Ensuring relevant and current documentation is available on SPIDER.
- Offer advice and recommendations for improving the Document Control processes.
- Uploading the latest versions of project-orientated documentation as requested by project managers/engineers.
- Proficient IT skills (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Use of Document Management Portals such as Acconex or Asite an advantage.
- 2 year(s) experience in similar role
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Experience of working with or for TFL and / or Network Rail in a similar role an advantage.
This role requires someone with a good understanding of the rail industry, Must reliable, punctual, able to work as part of a team and be comfortable liaising and communicating with people on all levels.
29th October 2018