DRACAS Engineer (Derby)
Are you a Systems Engineer with experience with DRACAS looking for an opportunity to join a thriving digital rail business that is leading the way bringing the UK's rail infrastructure into the 21st century?
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment specialists are looking for a contract DRACAS Engineer to work on a revolutionary project within the digital rail industry.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Systems Engineer to showcase their technical and interactive abilities on a monumental project.
The aim of this role is to own the DRACAS system internally and liaise with the customer to ensure DRACAS issues are tracked, categorised, worked and statuses. Work with the development engineering teams to resolve and report. This offers an exciting opportunity for experienced systems engineers to join a rapidly moving complex software and systems engineering programme delivering new Traffic Management solutions to the UK railways.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Engineering Manager, the main responsibilities of the role holder include, but shall not be limited to:
- Own the DRACAS system internally and liaise with the customer to ensure DRACAS issues are tracked, categorised, worked and statuses
- Requirements Management utilising DOORS
- Systems Acceptance evidence collation and generation
- Collation of design material
- Maintenance of product baselines
- Development of systems engineering artefacts across the engineering lifecycle
- Production of inputs and outputs from the programme Change Control Board (CCB)
- Ensuring quality of deliverables are in line with business governance and customer expectations
- Driving continuous improvements into the systems engineering processes
- Experience with DRACAS
- Use of IBM DOORS
- Systems Engineering experience on complex software integration programmes
- Development of a broad range of systems engineering artefacts
- Understanding of MBSE (Model Based Systems Engineering)
- Experience of acceptance phase of programmes
- Experience of rail industry systems engineering and product acceptance processes
- Experience and knowledge of relational databases
- Experience with UML or SysML
Likely Job Titles
Systems Engineer, Requirements Engineer, DOORS Engineer, Data Reporting Engineer, Certification Engineer, Business Analyst, Data Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System