Electrical CAD Designer (Derby)
£30 - £35 per hour
Ford & Stanley- The Rail Recruitment Experts are seeking an Electrical CAD Designer to join an expanding Rail Consultancy based in Derby.
This individual is required to design and draw schematics and wiring layouts for a wide variety of rolling stock projects including passenger train interiors and freight underframes.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work closely with clients to understand objectives and desired outcomes for each project
- Lead and deliver specific work packages to quality, time and budget within the team.
- Liaise with other consultants on any project issues, interface with clients on both technical matters if required.
- Engineering qualification-minimum HND
- CAD experience using Solid Works and Microstation software
- Strong experience in one or more of the following:
- Electrical Schematics
- Wiring diagrams
- Electrical installation design
- Cable and conduit installations
- Electrical train systems (PIS, CCTV etc.)
- Good knowledge of UK rail industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively
Membership of a relevant engineering institution.