Electrical CAD Designer (Stratford-upon-Avon)
£30 - £45 per hour (dependent on experience)
Are you an electrical Design Engineer Looking for your next contract position?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting 3 Electrical CAD Designers to provide support into a major Rolling Stock transformation project.
One of the UK’s most innovative Rail Rolling Stock companies need 3 Electrical Designers to help with the design for their current vehicle orders, and also to look at innovative new design for hybrid vehicles.
Initial 6 month contract with potential to extend, rates are open to negotiation dependent on experience. 40 hours per week, overtime is often available.
Based on site, just South of Birmingham
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide a CAD modelling and drawing design / technical function for the refurbishment, delivery and maintenance Rolling Stock fleet(s).
- Produce detailed designs and vehicle installations for modifications and new build items in a timely fashion.
- Work with electrical department to populate electrical systems within the 3D model environment.
- Receive 3rd party designs and verify their models against vehicle models
- Ensure all internal designs, drawings for manufacture, bill of materials and assembly instructions are made available in line with standards and procedures to comply with current legislation and performance specifications.
- Assist with Engineering Change and associated Rolling Stock system updates for the Fleet. Upkeep/retention of such progress via design/drawings.
- Designing and trialling new systems and equipment, assisting with the production of modification specifications or recommending any changes to drawings, standards and procedures, fulfilling Engineering change requirements
- Carry out drawing/documentation verification and update and amend technical drawings as necessary.
- Assist in the maintenance and upkeep of the drawing system.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about working on a highly inventive project, and will have previous problem solving experience. They will have experience working to tight time scales and be able to work under their own initiative.
- Solid Edge ST8 - ST10
- Previous experience of Railway or Engineering Operations.
- Demonstrable hands on and experience of Railway Design projects.
- IT literate in Microsoft Office and general software, including the ability to create spreadsheets and format documents to aid the CAD system.
- Good written oral and communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions and use initiative. To be impartial and apply professional accountability /decisions.
- Team orientated attitude.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
This is an urgent requirement that needs to be filled ASAP.
Likely Job Titles
Design Engineer, CAD, Draughtsman, Electrical Engineer