Electrical Design Engineer (Derby)
£30 - £35 per hour (dependent on experience)
Are you an Electrical Design Engineer, looking for a long-term contract working with one of the most respected Rail and Rolling Stock consultancies in the UK?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a contract Electrical Design Engineer for a 6 – 12 month contract position working on some of the UK’s leading Rolling Stock projects.
This contract will give the chosen candidate the opportunity to work with one of the UK’s leading consultancies for Rail and Rolling Stock. Which in turn will give you the opportunity to work on an extremely varied range of industry leading projects, with some of the top talent in Rail.
The position is based specifically from the Derby offices.
Role and Responsibilities
- Create various technical drawings using Solidworks, in particular for schematics, harnesses and wiring.
- Produce technical specifications to define the performance of a product / component
- Develop test documentation to validate component or installation
- Produce technical reports to capture engineering issues / findings
- Undertake and/or participate in reverse engineering exercises
The ideal candidate will have design experience and an understanding of electrical components and how they work. Rolling Stock experience would be beneficial but candidates with experience form transferable industries such as marine or aerospace will also be considered.
- Proven Design Experience
- Knowledge of Electrical design – especially Wiring, Harnesses and Schematics.
- Ability to design using a 3D CAD package – preferably Solidworks.
- Experience working in the Rolling Stock, Marine or Aerospace industry.
- An engineering degree – preferably in electrical/ design engineering.