Electrical Engineer (Birmingham)
£45 - £60 per hour
Ford & Stanley Interim - The Rail Recruitment Experts are seeking Principal and Senior Electrical Engineers to integrate technology enhancements onto Rolling Stock projects.
Our Client requires both a Principal and Senior Engineer on a contract basis to undertake the engineering required to integrate technology, safety and reliability enhancements onto rolling stock under turnkey projects. Our Client also has some exciting projects in the pipeline to convert existing rolling stock into battery hybrid trains.
Role and Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for delivering solutions to a range of engineering problems related to passenger and freight rolling stock
- Manage engineering solutions supporting the Head of Engineering
- Produce non-drawing technical documentation
- Undertake vehicle surveys
- Provide technical support to the procurement team
- Ensure compliance with relevant rail standards
You will have over 5 years (Senior level) or 10 years (Principal level) experience in a Rail environment with excellent turnkey integration skills. You will have a detailed understanding of systems such as brakes, sanding systems and traction to enable you to ‘hit the ground running.’
Our Client requires an individual who is ideally immediately available or has a short notice period (1-week).
- Engineering qualification (degree level) or equivalent industry experience
- Competent technical report writer
- Excellent knowledge of core engineering skills
Rolling Stock experience is highly desirable