Electrical Engineer (Derby)
£40 - £50 per hour
Are you an experienced Electrical Engineer with a good understanding of Electrical Systems and Components in the Rail Industry?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting an Electrical Engineer for an innovative new project for the prevention of over speeding of trams for TfL, in response to the disaster in Croydon in 2016.
This is the opportunity to join a strong team working on a wide variety of innovative new projects who consult into the rail industry in the UK and overseas.
The position is based in Derby.
Initial 8 week contract, potential to extend or move into a permanent role.
Role and Responsibilities
- To take responsibility for delivery of work packages ensuring technical, quality, financial and delivery requirements are met whilst still ensuring customer satisfaction.
- To contribute to the development of the capability and technical excellence of the Electrical Engineering Department.
- Responsible for delivery of work packages agreed with other Engineering and Project teams to time, cost and quality
- To provide technical support, advice and guidance to other team members
- Contribute to the definition of new processes and procedures and development of existing processes and procedures within Electrical Engineering team
The ideal candidate will have experience working on Rolling Stock Electrical Systems and components.
- Electrical systems integration design including significant vehicle modifications
- Electrical component specification and system design
- Provision of Electrical feasibility studies, including component replacement
- Failure investigation, fault finding, analysis and rectification
- Demonstrable knowledge of the railway industry, legislation and approvals processes
- Design pack production – modification procedures, risk assessments, rating calculations