Electrical Site Supervisor (Newark)
£30,000 - £37,000 per annum
Are you an electrical site supervisor looking for the opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading independent design and manufacturers of specialist rail equipment?
Ford & Stanley – The Engineering Specialists are currently working with a rapidly expanding company based in Newark who are looking for an Electrical Site Supervisor to join their national team. The role holds huge importance to the future success of the business. As a company that is currently expanding, not only in work force but in production facilities as well, this is a great opportunity for anyone is career driven and wanting to manage multiple site installations.
Offering in-house design, manufacture, installation and maintenance of railways depot equipment such as carriage washes, CET systems, fluids delivery and extraction systems, compressors and compressed air pipework systems, and more recently AdBlue® systems.
As an electrical site supervisor, you will be expected to oversee all electrical works as part of a project including the team of electrically trained staff at varying skill levels and other site staff such as sub-contractors working as part of the team. You will work alongside the project delivery manager and report to the electrical design team. You will be expected to take full responsibility for all site installation from an electrical element, all site documentation relating to electrical activity, working to programme, ordering materials and attending site meeting all in line with legislation and auditable criteria.
- Carryout your allocated site work, whilst managing the site team and supervisor duties.
- Understand, brief to team and ensure all site operatives adhere to site specific rules. Ensuring they have obtained correct induction information and hold the correct certification to carry out the tasks allocated to them
- Completion of Site Supervisors daily and weekly reports, including pre-start assessments, weekly health surveillance, recording and monitoring site issues and delays, daily progress documentation reporting delays and hold up on site in to the management team.
- Understand the content of each project specific Risk Assessment and Method Statement and fully comply with the requirements.
- Organise and prioritise daily on-site tasks, ensuring all operatives are completing their allocated tasks, in line with their specific skill base, in a safe and efficient manner and according to the project specific RAMS. Identifying if additional labour is required to keep to the programme dates.
- Attend daily site briefings (if required) and site progress and planning meetings with the main contractor and all site contractors.
- Ensure operatives and visitors sign in each day and that they are briefed on site specific hazards and understand the daily scope of works.
- Procuring of materials and liaising with the design team on additional materials required
- Marking up drawings to highlight deviation from the original design and note the reasons as to why, for moving forward on reviewing for lesson learnt
- Ensuring site is kept clean and tidy throughout works and prior to handing back to the client
Qualifications & Skills
- Site experience in an electrical installation role required, proven by experience (references required)
- 18th Edition
- Electrical qualifications/training L3 and above
- Inspection & Testing 2391
- CSCS as a minimum
- Strong work ethic and motivation management skills
- Good time management and communication skills.
- Full clean UK Driving License.
- £35,000 - £45,000