Electrical Systems - Lead (Filton)
£35 - £50 per hour
Are you a Electronic Systems - Lead, with at least 4 years’ experience in Design, Development and Qualification of Electronics/Avionics systems as per DO-254, DO-160G, who is either interested in getting into contracting or is looking for a new contract?
Ford & Stanley Interim are working with one of the UK’s most interesting engineering services business who offer contractors long term security across multiple clients and industries, providing variety, ongoing professional relationships and engineering challenges.
With a business model that is going to challenge traditional UK Engineering consultancies, my client offers engineering support to its customers which places priority on having local based experts who can represent their organisation in a positive way, ensuring that their integrity and capability is always held in high regard.
This particular contract is going to be an initial 6-month contract working in the Aerospace sector and is highly likely to roll over for a minimum 12-month period but should extend beyond that.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Working with Customers in understanding system and high-level requirements
- Review qualification documents against internal and external customer specification requirements
- Conduct Failure Mode Analysis, investigate and rework at system level
- Perform Functional Hazard Analysis (FHA)
- Prepare documents for and host formal Final Design Reviews (FDRs)
- Prepare formal Certificate of Design (C of D)
- Provide project management in terms of planning the project deliverables, milestones, delivery schedule, regular reviews, managing the risk register and ongoing actions
- Experience in Design, Development and Qualification of Electronics/ Avionics systems as per DO-254, DO-160G
- Hands on experience in concept to qualification of Avionics hardware using microprocessor and FPGA architectures
- System requirements analysis, generation of requirement specifications and compliance tracking
- Understanding and experience in all aspects of the product development lifecycle
- Experience in System modelling, algorithm development and data analysis
- Experience in integrating hardware/software
- Project effort estimation, planning and reporting
- Focal point for collaboration with Designated Engineering Representatives (DER) and Regulatory Agencies.
- Experience of Qualification Test Planning (QTP), Qualification Test Report (QTR) preparation, covering any of Environmental, EMC, Safety or Functional aspects.
- Experience working as a Systems Engineer in a design and development environment, ideally to military or civil aerospace standards.
- Experience of the full new product introduction lifecycle (concept definition to product launch)
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 2.1 BEng in Aerospace Engineering or a similar Engineering discipline.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Global Mindset
- Proven ability to take calculated risks
- Promote the culture of Accountability, Change Championship, Team Work and Customer Focus
- Good Communication in English (oral & written) & Interpersonal skills
Likely Job Titles
Lead Electronic Systems, Lead Electronics Engineer, Senior Electronics Engineer, Technical Project Engineer, Lead Engineer
Submission End Date
21st September 2018.