Electro Mechanical Design Engineer (Derby)
£28 - £31 per hour
Are you an Electro Mechanical Design Engineer, with at least 4 years’ experience with Catia V5, who is either interested in getting into contracting or is looking for a new contract?
Ford & Stanley Interim are working with one of the UK’s most interesting engineering services business who offer contractors long term security across multiple clients and industries, providing variety, ongoing professional relationships and engineering challenges.
With a business model that is going to challenge traditional UK Engineering consultancies, my client offers engineering support to its customers which places priority on having local based experts who can represent their organisation in a positive way, ensuring that their integrity and capability is always held in high regard.
This particular contract is going to be an initial 6-month contract working in the rail sector and is highly likely to roll over for a minimum 12-month period but should extend beyond that.
Key responsibilities include
- At least 8 years’ design experience on Rail/Loco/Train domain
- 2 potions opened
- Make a basic concept in 3D-model using CATIA V5 based on information given by team lead
- Harness routing and Wire characteristics’, this is a large part of the role.
- Good experience/understanding of harness routing and attachment including wire/cable characteristics
- Organizes Design / Verification reviews with internal & external team
- Verification in function of the feasibility and production-requirements
- Adjust the basic concept in function of the Design Review information
- Finalize the 3D-model in detail
- Good experience in working on Systems across Interiors, Roof, Underframe & Cabs
- Position the model in the car structure
- Transfer of the model to Designer for Validation
- Update the designer remarks in the model
- Make the 2D-drawings based on the validated 3D-model
- Make the parts lists and the specifications and article creation in EPR-system
- Check whether the files are complete and technically and administratively correct
- Daily report to the Concept team coordinator about the progress of the project and possible problems
- Applies basic engineering design principles on each project activity
- Conduct self and team’s internal quality checks to ensure defect free deliverables
- Excellent oral & written English communication